The University of Rwanda is a multicultural University. It welcomes students from various nationalities. Students with foreign qualifications are required to first obtain an equivalence of their qualifications to the Rwandan education system, from Rwanda Education Board (REB) or Workforce Development Authority(WDA) (for Secondary School qualifications) and Higher Education Council(HEC) (for Post-Secondary qualifications) to be able to apply for admission at UR.
International and EAC candidates are required to fill in only their biographical information on the online application form available on the application portal.
- Before applying, obtain an equivalence of your certificates from Rwanda Education Board (REB) for general secondary education or Workforce Development Authority (WDA) for vocation training and Higher Education Council for Tertiary Education Qualifications.
- Go to UR website www.ur.ac.rw under Admissions section at the main menu bar,
- Log in to student/staff portal,
- Complete Personal information & generate reference number and pin.
- Pay application fee to any of the UR Bank accounts mentioned above, using the reference number generated from the system. You are allowed to submit your application after payment. PLEASE DO NOT PAY APPLICATION FEE THROUGH BK AGENTS
- Fill a special online application form available on admission website on the following link https://registration.ur.ac.rw/applications/internationalapplicants2019-2020 or click on the Application form under quick links from www.admissions.ur.ac.rw The form shall be submitted together with the following documents;
- Certified copy of your Senior Six (S6) certificate and transcripts of your last year of Advanced General Certificate of Secondary Education,
- Copy of your National ID card or valid passport
- Certified copy of the equivalence with the Rwandan system ( only for applicants with foreign qualifications)
A non-refundable application fee of 5,000Rwf for Local and EAC citizens and 6,000 RWF for International applicants must be paid in the following UR bank account in Bank of Kigali (BK):
UR-INTERNAL REVENUES 00094-0637830-21 Bank of Kigali
All applicants must first pay application fee after getting the reference/student number. Payment is made in Bank of Kigali(BK) or Via MTN Mobile Money by using Urubuto. To pay with Mobile Money Dial *775# and follow instructions
Students from East African Community (EAC) member states pay the same fees as Rwandan students. For fees and payment modalities please download Fees Structure. If you are outside Rwanda,you can use your local bank to transfer the payment to any one of above UR bank accounts in Bank of Kigali (BK) using the following swift code BKIGRWRW.
For more information about programmes, admission requirements, guidelines for online application process please visit any of the UR Campus Application Resource Centres or log in to the Admissions website www.admissions.ur.ac.rw